user posted image

#2 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:56 PM

Lisa,
Thanks for the photos. The only two from Judith's collection that interest me are the Rooster and the Lion. I think I may like all the Strongwater solids. I will know better when I get to see the real thing. Is Nordstroms going to have any solids that are exclusive to their store?

#3 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:01 PM

Lisa,

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm definitely going for all of the Strongwater solids, but I haven't quite decided yet on the Leiber ones. And the Shimmering Sphere looks interesting. I will probably wait until I see them in person.

Either way, I need to start saving my $$ now. It looks like this is going to be an expensive year for solids!

Jeanette smile.gif

#4 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:05 PM

Mmmm . . . .some of them are cute. I like the Monkey and the Chick the best . . . I'll have to consider the price . . . . obviously if it's reasonable, I'll like them a whole lot more!! laugh.gif

Thanks for posting the pix, Lisa.

#5 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:51 PM

Hi Lisa !
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I agree with Sandra and think the monkey and the chick are the best, the other ones look very strange to me, the lion looks very flat.
I think the Leiber ones are not as sparkly as they could be because of the flat rhinestones they had used to make them. I think they had better make some new themes not again a rooster, a lion, and the puppy sorry.
The Strongwaters looking better, the only one I'm unsure with is the kitty on the chair,
I think they are looking better in person. My favourite is the hummingbird on the flower.
He - I guessed it for last years collection biggrin.gif .

Thanks again !
Michaela

#6 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:52 PM

Here is my opinion on the solids so far (as seen in the photos and not yet in person)

I really think the pup and chick are adorable and think I will get those two for sure. I still think the solids look like cartoons and was expecting them to be more sparkly. And perhaps animals we have not yet seen. How about a pretty spider or even a colorful gecko?

I do like the flat back stones for a different look.

As far as the Strongwaters wub.gif I love them all even without seeing them in person (thanks Jay for being such a wonderful designer) My favorite is the bouquet. Although I love hummingbirds, I wish there was a different bird in the birdbath, perhaps a cute little chickadee- but then he wouldn't be feeding off the flower- OH, never mind, Jay does know best.

Love the shimmering sphere, very sparkly, me likey, only I wish it had a different color cord because it is the same cord used on the BP flower from last year. Pink would have been perfect- dear EL please ask for our opinions first. LOL!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#7 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:01 PM

Hi again Lisa !
A gecko would be great, a spider very interesting but my husband is afraid of them - so I could not buy this one laugh.gif .

Michaela

#8 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:03 PM

From what I can see I will be going for the flower themes. I agree with Michaela as far as the animals are concerned. Looking forward to seeing these in more detail.. The cuddly kitten looks interesting, but pictures have fooled me before, so will wait before making any further comments..............

Thanks for the update Lisa!

smile.gif

#9 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:20 PM

For the spider I was thinking along the lines of this:

jeweled spider wink.gif

#10 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:23 PM

Thanks for the pictures Lisa!

I love the Jay Strongwater Compacts, goodness, it is going to be an expensive year! blink.gif

#11 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:54 PM

YES!!! Strongwater has done it again! So anxious to see and purchase all of those.
Like y'all am undecided about Neiman's lot. Will need to see them first to make a final decision.
Phyllis

#12 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 07:41 PM

Do we have any clue what tese will be priced at? I love many of both of them. I have always wanted a Judith Leiber Minaduere but never felt rich enough to buy one, LOL. Maybe the soilds will be enough. Lainey

#13 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:05 PM

Lisa -

Wonderful pix! Thanks so much. smile.gif Monkey's have always frightened me so I do believe I'll stay away from him, although he is cute! The chick is adorable but brings back some sad memories. A possibility, but it won't be thrown out of the loft window, for sure.

The other Judith Leiber's? Am not really sure. The SA was showing me the Shitzu Minaudiere last Christmas and when she picked it up, about a dozen flat stones were lying on the velvet pad. It "shed" as we were speaking. Sort of "flaked off" if you can picture it. Am a little - no - VERY - concerned about that happening.

The Strongwater's? Fantastic! biggrin.gif Not a bad one in the bunch, but I think the real things will be a little better. Thank God he got away from the creepy-crawly things...yeeeshh. ohmy.gif

Anyone know when exactly they'll be "set free?" Will it be in Las Vegas or must we wait until Fall?

Again, Lisa....Thanks! biggrin.gif

#14 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:45 PM

They should be at the counters Aug/Sept.

Prices are as follows:

Leiber:
monkey $250
Rooster $400
Kitten $250
Pup $ 250
Chick $300
Lion $250

Strongwater:
Bird in blossom $250
Lily Bouquet $300
Tulips $175
Kitty $225
Birdbath $225
Sphere $150

*to see which fragrance is in each solid go to the database and sort by 2004*

#15 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 09:22 PM

Ok...so we're only talking about $3,025 for all, right? ohmy.gif hmmmmmmmm.....if I get a 2nd job at Wal-Mart and hand out Happy Face stickers to all the shoppers...no...they'd go out of business within a week. What to do, what to do???

Guess I'll just pick out all the "must have's" (Strongwater) and go from there! Bankruptcy! sad.gif

Thanks again, Lisa. (How do you get all this info? Never mind....don't want to know. laugh.gif )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users