• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 pancho

pancho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 11:33 PM

Aaarghhhh! I phoned to Farzy today at Harrod's to cancel my Palace....she said she'd "try" and get it out of the shipping area.....what do you want to bet "it was too late to retrieve it?" By the time I get it through customs and pay tax, and insurance etc. the Palace will have cost me $1000.00 in Canadian....if I return it, I will not get back any of the duty I paid, so I guess I'll own it! It had better be worth it, but after reading all the comments I somehow doubt it. I'll post a message when I receive it (& the bear with no nose?) and the Van which thankfully sounds O.K. Maybe we should all re-consider what we're doing....by the way I saw the deck of cards too and didn't like it, it is too small and insignificant for me....I still love the slot machine, and roulette wheel...the deck of cards lacks any imagination in my opinion. Take care everyone!

#32 pancho

pancho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 11:11 PM

Well I'm impressed! Got a call from Farzy at Harrod's in London at 4 a.m. (yechhhhh!) to tell me she had retrieved the Palace from the shipping room. I hope I don't regret NOT getting it, but for $1,000 Cdn. I think I'll get over it. She was wonderful and I appreciated her service. I am still getting the bear and van and look forward to receiving them. Have a good day everyone!

#33 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 11:25 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know that E.L are aware of what is going on and are looking into your problems.

Have been told that each Palace is crafted individually and that is why there are differences with each solid.

I was obviously given the incorrect information about how many were being produced. The card categorically states 5OO but at the time I went to purchase, there was no card in the box!

So hold tight. They still have some vans so get your skates on. Also some Palaces.

I hope this helps you all. Ann and Ken's remarks concerning the damage occurring during shipment makes sense. I sent something to the States last week which was collected on the Wednesday and delivered to the recipient the following morning, U.K. time. That costs a little extra but well worth it. Especially if the package is going to be badly handled en route!

Couldn't find any Octopus. Will look in another store as I would like one for myself. The solids are so beautiful that I would prefer not to look at them right now!

Take care,

Jacqueline

#34 Sylvia Ray

Sylvia Ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 11:31 PM

Wow, there seems to be so much confusion all the time. Doesn't the Estee lauder company talk to people like Lisa to put out real information?

You would think they would want to keep collectors informed about limited production runs, rumors of problems, and maybe even upcoming solids or events. Maybe there's a public relations person who could keep us all up to date?

Estee Lauder...are you out there?

[Confused]

#35 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 12:23 PM

I would love to have someone from Estee Lauder keep us all posted on "solid news" but unfortunately I have tried many times all without response.

#36 Flyaway

Flyaway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 07:25 PM

Okay..we are spending thousands of dollars annually with this company and they cant be bothered to return any phone calls?????I may begin to think twice on how and where I spend my discretionary income......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users